Samuel Eto’o Fils is a Cameroonian footballer born on March 10, 1981 in Nkon in Cameroon who plays as a striker. His brothers David and Etienne are also players.
He is as tall as 1.80 m.
The striker of the Cameroon Loins remains one of the best strikers of all the times in Africa. Spotted 15 years old by Real Madrid, he made FC Barcelona live its most glorious times. He is also the only one African having won thrice the Champions League. He won twice with Cameroon the Afcon.
Career and Clubs
-He joined Carpentras at the age of 14 with his brothers David and Stephen. He turned back outside France and could not integrate PSG.
– Back in Cameroon, he joined the famous football school, Kasji Sport Academies in Douala.
– He is then found, and plays in France at Le Havre in L2. He then chained contracts with Saint-Etienne and Cannes.
1996 – he signed a contract with Real Madrid. He was 15. During his first season.
– 1997-1998: he is on loan from Real to Legandes. (2nd division Spanish club).
– 1998/1999: he joined Real.
– January 1999 to June 1999: he was then on loan to Barcelona for six months.
– January 2000: Real sells him to RCD Mallorca
– 2004: He joined Barcelona for € 24 million
– 2009: he quitted FC Barcelona for Inter Milan.
– 2011: he was transferred for 27 million Euros to FK Anji Makhachkala. He gets paid 20.5 million Euros net per year (more than € 20,000 per goal and € 10,000 per decisive pass)
Team of Cameroon:
– He played in his first game in March 1997 on the eve of his 16th birthday against Costa Rica.
– 1998 he participated in the Soccer World Cup. He was the player of the tournament.
– 2000: He won Afcon and won the gold medal at the Sydney Olympics.
– 2002: He won a second Afcon.
- Real Madrid
1998: Winner of the Intercontinental Cup FIFA
2000: Winner of the Champions League
– RCD Mallorca
2003: Winner of the Supercup in Spain.
2003: Finalist in the Spanish Supercup
- FC Barcelona
2006 and 2009: Winner of the Champions League
2004 and 2007 Winner of the Copa Catalunya
2005, 2006 and 2009: Champion of Spain
2007: Vice-Champion of Spain
2009 Winner of the Cup of Spain
2005 and 2006: Winner of the Spanish Supercup
- Inter Milan
2010: Winner of the Champions League
2010: Italian champion.
2010 and 2011: Winner of the Coppa Italia
2010: Winner of the Italian Supercup
2000 Olympic Champion.
2000 and 2002: Winner of the African Cup of Nations
2003, 2004, 2005 and 2010 African player of the year.
2004: Gold Star France Football.
2004, 2009, 2010, 2011: Golden African Lion.
2006: Best scorer in Afcon with 5 goals
His small sentences:
– “Why Anzhi? I am an adventurer! “- Courier Russia. November 2012 –
– “The problem is rather difficult terrain in winter. Here, football is totally different. We must adjust to a new way of playing “- Courier Russia. November 2012 –
– “I had the chance to get in a good group with a great coach, Guus Hiddink.” – Courier Russia. November 2012 –
– “I am a lover of New York and Moscow made me think because it never sleeps. At two o’clock in the morning, there will always be a place open to eat or drink. Moscow offers this possibility twenty-four hours on twenty-four. This city is changing all the time. The last time I went on vacation and they were raising a building where I lived. A month and a half later, everything was almost finished. Like New York, people never stop. I like this mentality there.” – Courier Russia. November 2012 –
– “People insist on racism in Russia but the phenomenon is global. I do not say that I’ve never heard of racist insults here: it would be wrong. “- Courier Russia. Novaember 2012 –