FUFA has received numerous outcries from clubs and other stakeholders about the need to allow fans into stadia under the existing directives and guidelines from His Excellency the President of Uganda, the Ministry of Health and other Government agencies.
Pursuant to Article 10(2) of the FUFA COVID-19 Regulations “Spectators shall only be allowed with written permission from FUFA.”
FUFA wishes to issue this circular No. 1126 to guide clubs and stakeholders that fans shall be allowed in stadiums (in writing) upon fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Appointment of a Club Medical Liaison Officer, Club Hygiene Implementation Officer and Club Safety and Security Officer
- Registration of season ticket holders not exceeding 200
- Submission of the list of season ticket holders to FUFA with their full bio data to facilitate tracing when need arises.
- Only season ticket holders (maximum 200) shall access the stadium during competition matches.
- No other persons shall be allowed access to the stadium beyond those stipulated in Article 13 of the FUFA COVID-19 Regulations.
- The host team shall provide attendance statistics to the Match Commissioner and shall form part of his report.
- Strict observance of all Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with directives and guidelines from His Excellency the President of Uganda, the Ministry of Health, other Government agencies, the FIFA and CAF COVID-19 protocol, and the FUFA COVID-19 Regulations.
- Any Club or football entity that fails to abide by the conditions as set out above shall be liable to sanctions including but not limited to monetary fines and withdrawal of the privilege.