Two days after the TikTok video mocking Victor Osimhen, Napoli have finally released a statement explaining the club never wanted to offense the Nigerian forward.
Osimhen is yet to talk about the shameful clip but responded on the pitch on Wednesday by scoring a goal in his side’s 4-1 victory over Udinese.
However, his agent Roberto Calenda said they are considering taking legal action for what he described as “not acceptable”.
So far, the club did not react if not Rudi Garcia who said Napoli did not intend to “hurt” the Super Eagle.
With fans continuously asking for public apology from the club, the Italian side finally released a statement but did not.
“Calcio Napoli, wishing to avoid any exploitation of the issue, point out that we never wanted to offend or mock Victor Osimhen, who is a treasure of this club”, the club statement reads.
“As proof of that, during the summer training retreat, the Club firmly rebuffed every offer that was received for the striker’s transfer abroad.
“Social media, in particular TikTok, has always used an expressive form of language with a light heart and creativity, without wanting to, as in the case with Osimhen as protagonist, have any intention of insult or derision.
“In any case, if Victor perceived any offence towards him, this was not what the club intended”.