Africa Soccer Ampem Darkoa’s Owusuaa in as CAF reveals list for Goal of the Year

Ampem Darkoa forward Jennifer Owusuaa is among 12 players shortlisted for the CAF Goal of the Year category for the 2023 CAF Award.

According to a list provided by CAF on their official website, Owusuaa has been listed for the goal she scored against Sporting Club Casablanca. CAF further confirmed an expert panel selected 12 amazing goals from the various CAF competitions to be voted for by the sporting public.

The public vote will account for 70 percent of the process, making the award special compared to other categories. The other 30 percent will be decided by CAF Technical Experts. Voting opened on Monday via the CAF website and will close on December 8 with the winner west to be revealed at the CAF Awards Gala on Monday, December 11, at the Palais des Congrès, Movenpick, Marrakech, Morocco.

Read Also: AS Far defeats Ghana’s Ampem Darkoa to take home bronze medal

Here are the nominees; 1. Alex Ngonga (DR Congo, TP Mazembe) – TP Mazembe vs AS Real, 2. Dango Ouattara (Burkina Faso, Bournemouth) – Burkina Faso vs Eswatini, 3. Jennifer Owusuaa (Ghana, Ampem Darkoa) – Ampem Darkoa vs Sporting Club Casablanca, 4. Khaled Bousseliou (Algeria, USM Alger) – AS FAR vs USM Alger, 5. Mahmoud Abdelmenem ‘Kahraba’ (Egypt, Al Ahly) – Al Ahly vs Al Hilal, 6. Mahmoud Saber (Egypt, Pyramids/Zed FC) – Egypt vs Morocco, 7. Mohamed Dhaoui (Tunisia, Al Ahly) – Tunisia vs Zambia, 8. Nadege Nguessan Koffi (Cote d’Ivoire, Sporting Club Casablanca) – Atletico FC VS Sporting Club Casablanca, 9. Patient Mwamba (DR Congo, TP Mazembe) – TP Mazembe vs AS Real, 10. Saul Coco (Equatorial Guinea, Las Palmas) – Equatorial Guinea vs Botswana, 11. Teboho Mokoena (South Africa, Mamelodi Sundowns) – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Al Ahly and 12. Refilwe Tebogo Tholekele (Botswana, Mamelodi Sundowns) – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Sporting Club Casablanca.

Dennis Mabuka

Dennis Mabuka is a seasoned Kenyan journalist with 18 years of experience covering sports events. He is currently a sport content creator with

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *